Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#Poem Series - Black Night

The evening was calm and composed

Showing no signs of being worried

And then suddenly came the dark lords

To leave her sanctity and peace buried!

They came from a land not unknown

There stay friends of ours known

I wonder how some few love seeing the casket

I guess that’s why they say one rotten apple spoils the basket

They had the redness in the eyes

Anger in the heart that was unjust and unfair

They ripped apart the beautiful evening

And left the city with no meaning,

To live now feels senseless

My brothers and sisters killed

And those alive left hopeless.

I sometimes feel anger and disdain

But this can do nothing to undo the pain

Leaders we chose betrayed us

And now we don’t know who to trust!

All that’s happened is not right

I hope I am never reminded of that Black night.

No comments: