Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#Poem Series - Promise

There was an innocent stare
in those beautiful eyes,
one that i had never seen before.
It beat all the glare of the lights
and was deeper then sea that hit my shore...

She was broke n hurt and taken for a ride
by one she loved and in whom she would confide..

They made promises to each other..
That they would always be together..
But he walked out n broke those promises..
and all she was left to do was cry and miss.....

I held her hand n promised to never leave
and I wished in me she would believe
I tried my best to help her forget the pain
I lost myself in her but all of it was in vain...

she had made promises that she would let it go
wouldn't ever let her self go through that sorrow...
but she went ahead and broke those promises
and all i was left to do was cry n miss...

As i go further n into this limbo
there is no way out, Oh I so know...
but i had made a promise, that i would never leave
n i would never break her belief....

No comments: