Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Poem Series - Dad

I held his hand and walked along

No fear whatsoever

In him I always bestowed upon

My trust which was blind

He took me places and taught me things

Showed me the meaning of emotions within

He taught me to love and live in peace

He cried and worried even if I would sneeze

I didn’t know who he was and why he cared

They told me he was my dad.

I never understood what that meant

And found his love too cagey

I fought with him as I grew

Hurting his heart and shredding it through

He never complained and kept his faith

He believed his son could never go bad

His trust in me was never ending

And with him I kept fighting

Over the years, I realized how much I loved him

But it was not until I had lost him

I didn’t realize what I had lost

He took with him a friend, philosopher and guide

Now I wish he would come back to me

I would love him and express it free

One thing in his lifetime I could never do

To tell him how much I loved him true

I wish I had said it before

Dad I love you and now I wish you were here

No comments: